|Coral Springs, Parkland, Deerfield Beach, Margate, Oakland Park, Coconut Creek, Tamarac,
Sunrise, Davie, Lauderhill, Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, Mirimar, Hollywood, Pembroke
Pines, Weston, Aventura, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boyrton Beach, Lake Worth,
Wellington, Jupiter, West Palm Beach, Broward, Orlando, Jacksonville
Popcorn Remove | Popcorn Removal | South Florida | Popcorn Ceiling Removal | popcorn removal
| popcorn ceiling removal | Drywall Finish | Popcorn Removal
Pressure Clean | South Florida | Painting | popcorn removal | Licensed Popcorn Removal | Insured
Popcorn Removal | South Florida Popcorn Removal |
Commercial Popcorn Removal | Industrial popcorn removal | Condos Popcorn removal
The most important information to understand if you are considering having knockdown
texture applied to your home or office is it must be sprayed from a spray rig. A spray rig is a
truck mounted or trailer mounted spray texture machine that sits in the driveway, is gas
powered and only hoses are pulled into your home.
Consumers want to avoid:
1. Do it yourself options.
2. Hiring a contractor that "does it all".
3. Hiring a texture company that does not have a spray rig.
4. Using and texture machine where the whole unit enters the home.
5. Using a texture machine that plugs into the wall.
6. Spraying knockdown texture in their home if it is not covered well.
7. Using a crew of two or less.
by Nick Doucette (PopcornRemoval.com)
About Blue Sky Textures...
While removing popcorn from ceilings and replacing it with knockdown texture is
the majority of our work, we also apply knockdown texture on interior walls. For an
additional cost you may choose to have a smooth/slick surface on
your ceilings and or walls instead, however the process demands more time and
effort in order to achieve high quality results.
Not only is knockdown texture an affordable upgrade to your home but it can be
executed in a timely manner. Whether your home is fully furnished or vacant
(lesser cost), we take every precaution necessary to keep your home
and furnishings safe and clean.
Once your home and furnishings are protected we begin to scrape the popcorn
and subsequently skim for smooth/slick or spray knockdown. Minor drywall repairs
are usually done at no extra charge, however if the repair is extensive we offer a
full drywall repair service at very competitive prices
(this cost is always in the original proposal so there are no surprises).
We can usually schedule any size job within a day or two's notice.
After twelve years experience our most valued asset is a satisfied customer. We
understand that quality work leads to referrals and our customer satisfaction is our
number one priority.
Call our team of friendly professionals who are ready to assist you with any
questions you may have. Remember there is no obligation and there is no charge
for in home estimates.
If your considering popcorn removal, knockdown texture or smooth
finishes, here are the top 10 things you should know and consider.
1. Knockdown texture can look horrible if its not sprayed evenly, the best
way to assure yourself of this is to make sure the company you hire has
a "spray rig" not a "hopper".
2. If you decide you want a smooth finish instead of Knockdown, expect
higher costs and more down time for your home (we can do it).
3. Make sure the process of the company you hire includes a lot of
manpower, plastic rolls and lots of experience. This is not a two man job.
4. Keep in mind that after the process is done, the texture still needs to
dry and be painted.
5. Most jobs can be done with minimal to no mess. A knockdown textures
base material is nothing more than drywall mud with a more soupy
consistency. It's water based and its not a hazardous material.
6. Light fixtures and fans with a small circumference around the top can
be left in place and protected. If they have a larger circumference then it
is best to drop the tops so that if you decide to change to a smaller top
at a later date you won't have a donut of popcorn exposed.
7. Costs are less to the consumer when "cover up" time is less, in other
words the less things that need to be protected the better for your wallet,
(blinds, verticals, furniture, trim, doors, door jams, cabinets, appliances,
switches, outlets, flooring, windows, light fixtures, fans). If some of these
things are not "in the way" point it out to the estimator.
8. Minimal drywall repair is usually included at "no extra charge". Some
situations that can be an extra charge are, is above the 4th floor or
higher, sky lights, excessive cracks, situations that require scaffolding.
9. Some jobs can be executed in a moments notice.
10. Doing it yourself leads to high levels of frustration, picking the wrong
company can be even worse.